Thursday, January 13, 2011

week 1 EOC About Me


As a photographer my professional experience so far has been limited to the last six months, prior to that most of my photography was amateur, personal work.  I have been interested in photography since I was twelve years old, my aunt was a military photographer and always amazed me with images from airshows and distant places that she had been to. I am good at portraiture and fashion type photography, however even though I intend to improve there, they are not the discipline of photography I intend to follow for my career.  I want to be more of a travel photographer, with intentions of someday working for National Geographic or the Travel Channel.   I tend to see and produce images that are always soft and beautiful. I’m now looking to produce images that are a little more edgy and exciting, and possibly even a little dark.  That usually throws people off a bit, so I will explain, I’ve decided to use the moniker Gemini Photos for my business, and it wasn’t just because I am a Gemini, but also because I want to be able to show some of the light and the darkness in the world that I have seen.  I have been shooting personally as an amateur for approximately seven years. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment