Thursday, January 20, 2011

EOC Week 2: What I think about lawyers


So this week I was asked to explain my feelings on lawyers, I have to say I have unfortunately had to seem them at work in person, when I was temporarily incarcerated once for a personal dispute.  The case was dismissed and it didn’t even go on my record, as my lawyer knew the judge and played golf with him every Tuesday.  It also helped that the person, I had my disagreement with was in jail on our court date for stalking my ex-wife and I.  I am thankful for the good lawyers that are there to protect people and prosecute wrong do-er’s and I don’t know much about the corporate side of the law so I cant say much about them.  I do know I am not fond of what I hear about lawyers that are known as “ambulance chasers” or the ones that are there to fill their pockets and damn the consequences. I so far have had a solitary decent experience with a lawyer, and I have to say I don’t know any personally or professionally at all anymore.  I know I went to speak with a bankruptcy lawyer once, and he wanted a five hundred dollar retainer to start looking at my case, that wasn’t even doing anything more with it, with my overall total being anywhere from that to a few thousand dollars.  I found a legal assistant that did the same work for quite a few people I know for just two hundred dollars then another two hundred to file it with the state.  Unfortunately even now that is beyond my budget, so I’m still struggling on but at least I’m more hopeful now, four hundred dollars will hopefully be more easily attainable soon. Thanks for coming by. Have a good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment